Tuesday, March 12, 2019

TOC!

Happy Tuesday! For this post, I'm going to be looking at my table of contents! I'm going to be studying some layout options as well as investigating content for my TOC. Since I'm doing a summer issue, I will be focusing my articles on summer topics.

Some ideas for articles that I've found are:
-hot or not? list
-how to stay cool this summer
-nail trends
-what's in?
-fitness tips to keep your summer bod!
-how to keep those beachy waves
-sundresses and more!
-staying waterproof at the pool!
-how to stay updated on the gram this season!
-50 beauty secrets to stay in style
-where to get the best deals for your summer outfits
-skin tips to stay moisturized
-how to get tropical close to home

As for picture concepts for my TOC based off of this list, I have a few ideas for ways to include the other "articles" in the photos. I also looked at a few layout concepts on Canva that I like and I found this one that I like:

image.png

Obviously, for my TOC I would include different pictures and headlines. I would also most likely play around with the fonts, but I like the layout in general. I'm going to be taking pictures this week, so once I have my pictures I'll be able to decide on the color scheme and other design elements of my magazine. I really like the simple layout concept because it's easy to edit and to add pictures to it. There are some more complicated elements that I may be able to take inspiration from in other magazines, but for now I really like this concept. I may take inspiration for more article ideas from other magazines as well if I feel I need more content. And in the next few days, I'll hopefully be posting about the interview to update on that aspect of the project! Now I'll be able to begin writing my article. My magazine is finally going to be coming together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment