Thursday, March 14, 2019

pose, pose, pose!

I decided that for this posting, I will be looking at the best posing tips and tricks since I'm doing my pictures today! I will be posting in the following days about the interview for my article and the wardrobe choices for my pics as well. 

I reviewed the Expert Photography site I'd used for a previous post in order to find this information. A big tip was having relaxed hands and joints in natural poses. Also, a stronger jawline can be shown with the forehead down and frontwards. The article also linked to another article on the Fstoppers site. This site provided advice on what not to do as well as what should be done. An example of this would be the basic hand on the hip model pose that is used commonly. 
This is it:

Posing-To-Perfection-10-Crucial-Steps-To-Posing-A-Model-Wrong-Fstoppers-Clay-Cook

Another tip was using fashion photographs to emulate the mood or vibe of the shoot. Models would be able to take inspiration from these poses or pictures. So I used Pinterest to make a board with a few ideas. This is the link to my Pinterest board. Obviously, I'm aware that I don't have the backgrounds and setting of these pictures, but the color ideas in them are similar. 

A tip with the posing itself was following the path of the nose with the eyes. As in, looking in the same direction instead of just looking at the camera. I actually really like this tip because according to the article, it hides the white in the eyes more so the color in them is more exposed. 

Here are more tips to keep in mind today:
-Raising or dropping shoulders for posing was also mentioned as helpful in creating certain energy. 
-Pushing the chin out may work when facing the camera to get the better angle of the jaw. However, this may not work when photographing from the sides or other angles. 
-Opening the mouth can completely change the mood of the picture and change the look of the face.
-If taking pictures with shoes, using movements such as jumping or kicking makes this part of the body more visually interesting. Pacing back and forth or walking works for this movement as well.
-Reiterating of the point with hands, using relaxed fingers and bent joints. The term "ballet hands" is dubbed in this article for this position. 
-The tactic of getting on the ground with a low angle helps with full body pictures and 3/4 pictures. This will give the picture a more dramatic tone.

I hope to implement all of this advice while taking my pictures today. I will keep an update on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment