Thursday, March 21, 2019

cover part 2!

For this post, I'll be considering the cover design for my magazine. I already know the picture that I'm considering for this cover, so all I have to do is decide on a general design and color scheme. I'd already looked at cover ideas on Canva, and I want to use my favorite template, this sample cover

I removed the original information on the cover, but I do like the font style on it. I still had not decided on the name, so I made this choice to start planning. I like the Italian vocabulary in fashion as it is central in the fashion industry. However, I was worried that it would come off as difficult for those not familiar with the romance languages to understand. I liked stile (style), but that's already a word with another meaning in English. I also liked alta moda, but I'm aware that the meaning for that (high fashion) is hard to understand. So, I decided on the name Modello for my magazine. It is similar to the English word "Model" so I believe that it should be pretty easy for people to understand its relation to the fashion industry. 

As for color, I debated a lot on the different colors I could draw from. I wanted to make sure the colors I chose went with a summer look. I also wanted the color to go with something in the picture. This is an example of a summer toned color palette I found:

Image result for red pink color

from Quora

I like a color somewhere in between the salmon and coral shades, as I feel that they go with a color in the picture I'm considering. So for now, I found a color like this in the Canva font color options. It's a bit brighter, but it has summer tones. If I was to change my idea for the cover picture, I would most likely change this color. So for now, I have my title in place, with the general format, I just need to place my picture and headlines. 

I'm in the process of editing my picture, so I need to figure out what headlines will be on my cover. I've decided one these headlines so far:

how to keep those beachy waves all summer
fitness tips to keep your summer bod
sundresses and more!
- staying waterproof at the pool!
- 50 beauty secrets to stay in style

And then the main headline, "How color can change your life"

As soon as I finish deciding on my cover picture, I will update on the new version of the cover! This is the current version: 

No comments:

Post a Comment