Monday, March 25, 2019

more pics!

 In a previous posting, I talked about why I chose to photograph a picture in a certain way. For this posting, I'll be going more in-depth into why I chose to take certain pictures the way I did. These are pictures that I edited and may be using for my spreads. I will also be talking about why I edited pictures in the way I did. 


 
1. This picture is displaying an outfit that I used for the cover of my magazine, on a different background. This picture is not part of the main article, as it is not mainly color related. For this picture, I photographed against a white wall, with the windows open to improve the lighting. I turned the camera to the side so it would be a vertical picture and took it from a lower angle. This made the model appear taller and emphasized the long skirt she was wearing. Her posture is relaxed and shows the slit in the skirt, which goes with the picture. I edited to make the colors appear brighter and make her stand out from the wall.


2. For this picture, I decided to utilize the leaves in my backyard to make the picture more visually interesting. The color in the leaves, as well as the shadows created by them, add an artistic aspect to the picture. The green shirt the model was wearing was matching with the leaves, which I emphasized by a green effect on the picture. I also centered the model in the middle of the photo to make her the focus. And, I had her smile for the picture as this matches the tone of the photo and goes with the sunny aspect coming in from the left.











3. To edit this picture, I added an orange effect. I did this with many pictures to emphasize the color being presented. I had the model use the column next to her to pose the photo better. I also took it from that angle to catch the sun's rays coming in from behind her. These made the picture more visually attractive and went with the vivid colors of the picture. 


4. I took this picture against a white wall to emphasize the colors in the model's outfit. Like in the other pictures, these colors were also emphasized by a pink color effect when editing. I increased the saturation to make these colors pop. The reason for her being in a corner of the room was so she could pose her hands and body in the way that she did, adding a certain tone to the photograph. This was taken head-on, at a bit of a lower angle. This angle also allowed her to pose her head as if looking off, which went with the tone of the picture. 




5. This picture is for one of my table of contents headlines. This was very hard to photograph because I had to ensure that I wouldn't be in the mirror in the picture. I wanted to be able to partly view the model in and out of the mirror, which I accomplished. However, I feel I should have tried to take it from a higher angle as it is somewhat awkward. Also, the towel showing in the background might not go well with the picture overall. I am still going to see if I can use it for my intended subheading, but it was definitely not the easiest picture to take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment