Friday, March 15, 2019

picture time!

Hi everyone! I'm so happy it's Friday because I got to do my shooting yesterday! I'm hoping that I got enough content to satisfy the needs of my magazine, but I still have to comb through and edit my material. We took almost 300 pictures, so there must be a few good ones in there! I had three of my friends model for me, including one of the girls that I was originally going to partner with. I tried to get a diverse look for my magazine as well, so I want this to be apparent in my photos. I made sure to get a few shots for the table of contents as well, and I have a few contenders for my cover!

Now I wanted to talk about the choices that went into the photography process. I made sure to implement many of the tips I read up on for both fashion photography and modeling. One of these tips was using a filter on my camera for lighting purposes. This week, we had meetings in groups, which allowed me to take in good advice. My group advised me to be careful on using the right settings for the right time of day. For example, the settings need to be different if it's sunny or if it's cloudy. Or in using flash versus not using it. Or taking pictures inside versus outside. This was very helpful, as well as the recommendations they offered on photo editing programs. Another tip they gave me was possibly editing out the backgrounds of my pictures to adapt the background and make it more visually interesting. I don't know that I'll take all of this advice, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. 

Another tip I kept in mind was props, as well as telling a story. We utilized scarves and sunglasses to add to the looks we created. As for wardrobe, the focus was mainly on the picture content of my two-page spread. Since this spread will focus on how color influences fashion, a lot of the clothes we utilized had very distinctive color connotations. This was good because it was easy to outfit the models. I did a mix of indoor and outdoor pictures as well, with all of the indoor ones being paired with a white wall. Since the outfits were so colorful, I wanted to create that contrast with white and really make the colors pop out. Here are a couple of examples of outside pics:


Here is an example of an inside picture:


As can be seen in the second and third pictures, I also made an effort to have the process of the photography documented. This was done to prepare for making my Creative Critical Reflection, as I know how important documentation of the process is in this piece. Since we went over how to make this CCR yesterday, I've been thinking up good ideas as to how to go about it. I can't wait to continue working on my project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment