Monday, March 18, 2019

edits!

Hello everyone! For this posting, I'll be talking about my process in editing and taking my pictures. In the last posting, I discussed a few of my wardrobe choices and showed some examples of me taking pictures. However, for this post I will be showing some of the pictures, as well as how I edited them. For my edits, I'm using a program called Capture NX 2. I like this program because it's pretty easy to use and creates good quality. I have experience with editing pictures through phone applications like Pixlr and VSCO, with very similar features. The difference is that this computer program gets more into the technical side of editing. I caught on to how to use it pretty quickly and played around with its features.

Here are some examples of pictures before and after editing:


 I'm not sure that I'll use this shot because of the way the background came out. A palm leaf had fallen from the tree, and it made the picture less attractive. Also, the coloring elements did not come out as I intended. However, this is a good  example of one of my first few "edited" pictures. In this picture, I brought more light and color to the model. This was done by increasing the contrast of the photo, as well as the highlighted elements. Increasing brightness as well as shadows would have the opposite effect.















This is another example of before and after edited pics. I used this white background for a lot of my pictures. Like I mentioned in my previous post, this background was easy to use because it brought out the color being emphasized in whatever clothing color is being presented.  In this case, it brought out the black clothes the model is wearing. Like in the other photo, I manipulated the pictures' elements to make it appear more vivid and attractive. I may continue editing to make it more to my liking, but for now this is how I have edited the photo as well as others like it.


As this picture is edited in a similar way to the one previously discussed, here I want to talk more about the picture itself. I decided to photograph this picture from a low angle in order to create a certain tone. The color black is a color that exudes power, professionalism, and sexiness. This depends on the way it is worn. In this picture, I emphasized the power angle by taking the picture at a lower angle. Also, the expression and position of the model continue to form this vibe that I am attempting to create here.

In the following days, I'm going to continue editing pictures and showing my progress through postings. Hopefully I'll get a lot done this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment